- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2-3
- Best Seasons: spring
Mustang Trekking has emerged as a new trend for trekking destination among internal tourists of Nepal, as well as foreigners likewise. The raw rugged landscapes of Mustang, which changes from green grassy lands to dry arid regions makes Mustang Trekking a heavenly experience worth embarking upon. Mustang actually means fertile plain and this piece of heaven is situated north of the Annapurna region.
Mustang is the former Kingdom of Lo and was a restricted area until 1992. Following the ancient trade route to Tibet, the Mustang Trekking follows a, off beaten path offering solace and exquisite mountain scenery. The hidden paradise of the Upper mustang is another option to trek in this region. Upper Mustang requires a permit to trek and is the last forbidden kingdom in Nepal.
Come experience the best trekking journey of your lifetime with Alpine Paradise Treks and Expedition. Prayer was, monasteries and ethnic populations living in harmony make this region all the more attractive. Major attractions of the trek in the Mustang region are the mind boggling views of the Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulaigiri, Macchapuchre and other Tibetan peaks standing in full glory in front of our eyes. Untouched by the realms of modernization and urbanization, the Mustang Trekking trip begins from Jomsom and passes through picturesque villages to reach the Kingdom of Lo Manthang.
From Lo Manthang, the trekking trails transverses through several villages and reaches Kagbeni, where the trek comes to an end. Entering Mustang is like entering a different world, which has maintained its raw, wild and natural beauty in the best way possible. The carefully formulated itinerary of the Alpine Paradise Treks and Expedition is surely set to make this experience worth remembering for a long time to come. come experience this easy, yet extremely adventurous trek to the mystical heart of Nepal and return home satisfied and content.
- Day 1 Flight Kathmandu – Pokhara or drive 6-7 hrs
- Day 2 Flight Pokhara- Jomsom (2743 m), trek to Kagbeni (2810 m) 3 hrs. Possible roundtrip day trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3720 m) and back (6 hrs).
- Day 3 Kagbeni (2810 m) – Chele (3050 m) 6 hrs
- Day 4 Chele (3050 m) – Syangmochen (3800 m) 7-8 hrs
- Day 5 Syangmochen (3800 m) – Tsarang (3560 m) 7 hrs
- Day 6 Tsarang (3560 m) – Lo Manthang (3800 m) 4-5 hrs
- Day 7 Lo Manthang (3800 m). Rest day and explore heritage sites.
- Day 8 Day hike to Nyiphu and Garphu monasteries/caves and villages in the north of Lo Manthang.
- Day 9 Lo Manthang (3800 m) – Dhakmar (3820 m) via Ghar Gumba (Loghekar Monastery) 6 hrs
- Day 10 Dhakmar (3820 m) – Ghiling (3570 m) 6 hrs
- Day 11 Ghiling (3570 m) – Samar (3550 m) 6 hrs
- Day 12 Samar (3550 m) – Kagbeni (2810 m) 6-7 hrs
- Day 13 Kagbeni (2810 m) – Jomsom (2750 m) 3 hrs
- Day 14 Flight Jomsom – Pokhara – Kathmandu
0 Reviews on Mustang Trekking View All