Makalu Base Camp Trekking
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Group size: 2-3
- Best Seasons: spring
Witness the south side of the Makalu peak and witness the rare mountain views of the hidden Kangshung Face of Everest. Experience the trekking journey of a lifetime with the passage into the remote Makalu Base Camp Trekking trail with Alpine Paradise Treks and Expedition. We promise that with us, you will be getting the best out of the mystical Makalu region of Nepal and explore all its long-lived glory.
Makalu (8481m) is the fifth highest summit of the world. The Makalu Base Camp Trekking takes us into the high grazing area of Sherson, which offers the spectacular array of Himalayan peaks and the beautiful Barun Glacier. The Makalu Base Camp (5000m) is the major highlight of this trekking trail opted mostly by solitary trekkers. The lower reaches of this trail are known for the lush rhododendron forests while the upper parts of this trekking journey are filled with polished granite cliffs and hanging glaciers.
Overflowing with waterfalls, the enthralling trek is an ideal choice for trekkers who choose tranquility and solace in the less crowded natural habitat. Proper acclimatization and some previous trekking experience are mandatory to carry out the trek.
The beautiful journey begins from the mid-eastern region of Tumlingtar. The actual trek begins from a drive to Chichila from Tumlingtar and follows the beautiful Barun river valley. The trails pass through Makalu Barun National Park and take us to one of the highest base camps in the world, the Makalu Base Camp/. Views of the highest mountain peaks like Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Everest, Mt. Chamlang, and Mt. Baruntse are added attractions of the trek. The 21-day long journey through delightful villages and pristine paths comes to an end in Tumlingtar itself. Be a part of this wonderful experience with Alpine Paradise Treks and Expedition and remember this experience for a long time to come.
- Day 1Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 2Briefing and preparations in Kathmandu
- Day 3Fly to Tumlingtar and drive to Chichila (1,840m)
- Day 4Trek to Num (1,500m)
- Day 5Trek to Sedua (1,540m)
- Day 6Trek to Tashigaon (2,070m)
- Day 7Trek to Khongma (3,560m)
- Day 8Rest & acclimatisation day
- Day 9Trek to Debotay (3,650m)
- Day 10Trek to Yangle Kharka (3,600m)
- Day 11Trek to Langmale Kharka (4,200m)
- Day 12Acclimatisation day at Langmale Kharka (4,450m)
- Day 13Trek to Makalu Base Camp (5,000m)
- Day 14Day walk around Makalu Base Camp (4,900m)
- Day 15Trek to Yangle Kharka (3,600m)
- Day 16Trek to Debotay (3,650m)
- Day 17Trek to Tashigaon (2,070m)
- Day 18Trek to Num (1,500m)
- Day 19Drive to Tumlingtar
- Day 20Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 21Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 22Fly back home
0 Reviews on Makalu Base Camp Trekking View All